Any network electrician understands the importance of a network cable tester. This is basically a must-have tool and without it, you are literally handicapped. During the installation of a cable network such as the internet, you might make some faulty connections. In this regard, you never get the results that you are looking for. This is where the network cable tester proves to be very mighty. It will help you in testing the connectivity as well as the strength of the networking cable by simply identifying the faulty connections. In this review, we lay our focus on the fiber optic bale testers that will tell you if everything is working fine in your fiber optic connection.
Regardless of your skill levels, these testers are easy to use. This way, you will be able to check some faulty connections in your panel without necessarily asking for help from experts. Below, we have discussed some of the best brands as far as the fiber optic cable testers are concerned. They will perform every task from the basic level to the advanced tasks. If you are therefore looking to repair or basically maintain your network, these testers will always come in handy.
List of 10 Best Fiber Optic Cable Testers in 2023
Qiirun 2-in-1 Fiber Optic Cable Tester
Among the features that you will appreciate about this fiber optic cable tester is that it has high precision, sensitivity, and linearity. In this regard, it will offer an absolute optical power measurement as well as relative power measurement. The fiber optic cable tester has 6 calibrated wavelengths and a VFL output power of 10mW.
The other feature that you will appreciate about this tester is that it has a fast response and very accurate measurement. It will be able to display real-time and fast-tracking measurements for optical power. When need be, you can basically use the details on the user manual in order to calibrate the tester. Another good feature of the tester is that it has very low power consumption.
- High precision and sensitivity
- It has a quick response and offers accurate measurements
- Comes with a self-calibration functionality
- Low power consumption
Fluke Networks Visual Fault Fiber Cable Tester
This is a laser-powered visual fault locator that will help in verifying the cable continuity as well as polarity. It will diagnose and also repair the simple fiber link issues as well as locate the breaks in your cables. The tester will also locate splices in the splice trays as well as tight fiber ends around the equipment racks. This package includes a visual fault locator and a 2.5mm universal adapter for a simple connection.
Its bright red and high visibility VFK which is laser-driven will allow for verification of polarity, continuity as well as faulty fiber ends. This tester also accelerates the end-to-end fiber continuity checks, speed fiber identification, and tracing. The package comes with a soft-sided carrying case as well as a convenient belt loop.
- Verifies cable polarity and continuity
- Features a soft-sided carrying case
- Connects to the 2.5mm connectors
- A continuous-wave for a steady illumination
Qiirun Fiber Optic Cable Tester (VFL-10mW)
What makes this fiber optic tester unique is the fact that it comes with a high-performance laser chip. This is responsible for making sure that there is a strong source of light as well as high-precision detection. The output power is greater than or equal to 10mW for a distance of up to 10 km as far as detection is concerned.
Another good thing about this fiber optic tester is that it comes with a single piece of a ceramic tube that comes as a replacement part. You will also appreciate that the cable tester works either in the continuous wave of a modulated wave output. Even better, the fiber optic cable gas a portable, rugged, and lightweight design not forgetting about the good battery life.
- High-performing laser chip
- 10km long-distance detection
- Operates on a continuous wave or modulated wave output
- It comes in a portable and lightweight
Visual Fault Locator Fiber Cable Test
This is a visual fault locator that has the ability to locate different types of faults in the optical fiber cables. This will be done very accurately and conveniently to make sure that you have the best experience. Among the faults that can be detected with this tester include fractures, poor connections, opening, and bending.
This package comprises among other components an FC to LC female adapter as well as a battery. You will also be happy to learn that it has a 2.5mm universal connector that has been designed for different fiber optic cables. The other good thing about this tester is that it comes in a compact size and a lightweight design to make sure that it can be carried anywhere that one wishes.
- It can detect different types of faults
- It can transmit up to 30km in the optical fibers
- Small size and lightweight design
- A friendly support team
D YEDEMC Portable Optical Power Meter (OPM&VFL)
With this fiber optic cable tester, it will be possible to measure up to 8 standard wavelengths. The red light source can basically measure the farthest distance of around 10 to 15 km. An amazing fact about this fiber optic cable tester is that it works for 40 hours using 2 AA batteries that are however not included in the package. The good thing about the batteries is that they are easily replaceable.
This fiber optic cable tester supports an automatic shutdown as well as the backlight selection. You will also be happy to learn that the tester works with the ST, FC, and SC interfaces. Other than the fine workmanship, it is good to note that the fiber optic cable tester remains very easy to carry. You are also set to enjoy the lifetime and friendly customer service from this brand.
- The measuring distance is between 10 and 15km
- Supports backlight selection
- It comes with an English manual
- Lifetime and friendly customer service
Goeco Fiber Cable Tester
This is another fiber optic cable tester that can measure different wavelengths of the absolute power for the fiber optic cable. What makes it unique is the fact that it can operate for 40 hours and has an automatic shutdown feature. It is linear and non-linear with the same display screen as well. Even with its amazing functionality, you will appreciate its relatively affordable price.
This visual fault locator has a 2.5mm universal connector that allows it to work with different types of interfaces. You will appreciate that it accurately and easily locates and detects the fiber breaks as well as poor connections. It emits a bright red light for the fiber tracing, faults, and breaks. Given that it comes with a convenient pouch, it will be very easy carrying it along.
- Easy and accurate location and detection of fiber breaks
- Works for 40 hours with an automatic shutdown feature
- Comes with an English manual
- Lightweight and portable design
Gain Express OPM Fiber Cable Tester
This fiber optic cable tester has 6 wavelength selections for the fiber optic cables. You will appreciate that it comes with a clear LCD display not forgetting that it supports the night operations. It also comes with the FC converter for the FC, ST, and SC interfaces. In short, this fiber optic cable tester will make sure that you have a convenient testing time.
The other good thing to appreciate about the fiber optic cable tester is that it has a compact and lightweight design. It, therefore, makes it very easy to operate and carry wherever you go. Even better, it has a low power consumption allowing it to work for a relatively long period of time. This tester has been specially-designed for experts who maintain fiber optic networks.
- 6 optic wavelength selection
- It is specially designed for the experts
- Switch easily between relative and absolute power reading
- Compact and lightweight design
Qiirun Optical Power Tester, Lightweight Design
One of the features to appreciate about this product is that it has a logarithmic and linear power display. You will also be happy to earn that it has an automatic adjustment for the measuring range as well as the remaining power indication. With its low power consumption, you will appreciate that the tester works for not less than 100 hours.
Just like other quality testers, this one also comes with a universal 2.5mm interface to support ST, FC, and SC connectors. It also prides itself on a compact and lightweight design that makes it easy to carry wherever one wishes. Even better, it will help to guarantee a good hand-held feeling. You should have all the reasons to buy this product since it comes at a relatively affordable price.
- Logarithmic power display
- Comes in a compact and portable design
- It has a low power consumption
- An automatic measuring range adjustments
Egomall Fiber Cable Tester
On the second position according to our research team is the Egomall fiber optic cable tester. It will completely replace your optical power meters as well as the red pen 2 products. To make sure that it remains very easy to operate, you will appreciate that it comes with a convenient English manual. You will also fall in love with its fine workmanship and its portable design.
The 1mW red light source has the ability to measure to a maximum distance of 5km that makes it ideal for the task. You will also be happy to learn that the fiber optic cable tester works for 40 hours on its 2 AA batteries. It is however good to note that these batteries are not included in the package. All the same, these batteries can be easily replaced when need be.
- Comes with an English manual
- It can work for up to 40 hours
- The batteries are easily replaceable
- It has an automatic shutdown feature
GOCHANGE Fiber Optic Cable Meter
We finally sum up this review with this fiber optic cable meter that has a simple and accurate identification. It will help in detecting and also locating the fiber breaks, a poor connection, cracking, and bending as well. This tool emits a 650nm light that will be ideal for faults detection and fiber tracing as well. It also comes at a relatively affordable price for any budget.
It also comes in a small and lightweight design that makes it very easy to carry wherever you go. Other good attributes about the tester include the fact that it has a long battery life as well as a good detection range. With the 2.5mm universal connector, it will work with different interfaces including FC, ST, and SC. In short, this tester has all the attributes that you want in a fiber optic cable tester.
- Accurate and easy identification
- Practical design with excellent functionality
- It has a wide range of applications
- Long output distance
Some points that users should know before buying
- Compatibility: This is one of the main factors that you need to give a priority when choosing a cable tester. You need to understand that not all testers will work with your type of cable. There are those made for fiber optic cables, Ethernet cables, and other types of cables. Based on the cables that are present in your panel, you need to choose a tester that is compatible to make sure that you achieve your desired results.
- Type of tests: After making sure that the tester you chose will be compatible with your specific cable type, you need to understand the types of tests that can be done. To be on the safe side, you need to ascertain that your tester performs all the types of tests required in your panel. This way, you need to make a list of the tests that you wish your tool to perform as you head to the shop.
- Cable length: Among the tests that you can do on your fiber optic cables is determining the length of the cable. In this regard, you need to understand the length of the cable that your tester can accommodate. These testers come with different features in order to suit the needs of different people. You can therefore be sure to get the tester that you have ever desired.
These are the leading fiber optic cable testers that you will find today in the market. All of them have the best qualities and will therefore help you to troubleshoot whatever issue that your network is likely to encounter. You are aware that a network cable tester is just an important tool in the networking field. The good thing about this tool is that it is relatively easy to use regardless of the user’s skill levels. This, therefore, means that you can troubleshoot your network on your own without necessarily hiring professionals. In the long run, therefore, you end up saving a lot of money on your network maintenance and repair. Make sure to read through all the options above to understand clearly which cable tester will be good for your network. All the best!
Leave a Reply